Monday, September 9, 2013

Farmhouse Chic!

My dad has come through for me once again! He is the greatest antique picker! I have been in need of a lampshade for a vintage glass lamp base that I've had for over a year!!! I have searched all the chain retail stores with no luck due to the fact that they are soooooo expensive! $15 and up for something that just sits on top of a light?! No thanks!

The solution: ask my dad to hunt down a unique frame that I can recover and he came through with a square scalloped bell frame shade. 

Once I removed the existing fabric and placed it on the base, I decided that I really loved the industrial look of the metal and didn't want to completely cover the frame. Burlap was the fabric touch this project needed to make it industrial farm chic! Lol

Materials
Lamp shade frame
Burlap ribbon
Jewelry wire
Jewelry tools 
Step 1: remove any glue or fabric residue from the frame with sand paper. (This took quite a while.)
Step 2: measure out and cut ribbon in to strips
Step 3: assembly requires making wire loops, looping them through the ribbon, and then clamping them. So no sewing or glue required!

Here is the finished project! I love that it is understated! It fits right in to the other small items on the table. It seems that I am obsessed with grouping items together in threes. The candy bowl and vase a both Vintage Jadite pieces ( one of my best antique purchases!) 


Antiquing is more about being in the right place at the right time rather than knowing what you are looking for. My purchase of 70 Jadite pieces for just over a $100 is proof. As any Jadite goes for $20 dollars and up for 1 piece. This is crazy to me! 




No comments:

Post a Comment