Sunday, March 4, 2012

Hoarder vs. Eclectic

There is a fine line between being a hoarder and being eclectic. A must to keep in mind when browsing a flea market, antique store, or auction. My parents have mastered the art of having an eclectic/vintage/antique decked out house by keeping this in mind. It is even become a business for my dad. Chandeliers are not all pomp and circumstance at our house. They are scrap metal turned into blinged out art. This might possibly explain my compulsion towards all things vintage and the notion that anything can be painted and repurposed. (Again, toeing the line of hoarder, unless you can turn a profit :)

These days I no longer search for vintage jewelry finds (did I mention I have a broach collection? what 23 year old has one of those?!) instead I search for:

-light fixtures (often I needn't step any further than my back porch)
-vintage dinnerware
-tufted furniture
-cuckoo clocks (my newest collectible)
-dresser/shelving
-industrial fixtures

as I am in the process of moving out and furnishing a place of my own. It may be at a snails pace, but as they say "Slow and Steady wins the race." Anyways, look for projects and finds to include the above. They may not be the modern girls treasures, but they suit this old soul just fine.



No comments:

Post a Comment