Friday, February 15, 2013

MAIN STREET

This week I went to a conference in Grapevine, Texas, which is approximately 30 minutes outside of Dallas. I loved it! Our hotel was conveniently located 2 minutes away from a new but old Main Street. On either side, my eyes beheld boutiques, resale shops, vintage/antique markets, and local eateries.

Leave it to me to go on a trip to a metropolitan region and come back with vintage finds. The original plan was to simply park and walk to Farina's Winery & Cafe (= awesome! Half price pizza during happy hour!!!); however, we were distracted by the dazzling glitter of trinkets and treasures from the corner store. Of course, we had to be "flexible" as our conference suggested and stop in. I meandered around the store filled with western wear, resale fashions, and antique trinkets....when all of the sudden I stumble onto a shining beacon of whites, creams, and pastels. BEHOLD the shabby chic booth!!!

My eyes don't know where to look and I immediately know I will not leave the store without at least one item. Turns out, I left with two. :)

Number 1: old iron hand in all its cream & rusty glory wrapped with lace ribbon
My vision: ring holder for my dresser and companion for my vintage child's shoe




Number 2: a pleasantly rusted three tiered basket tower
My vision: a caddy for all my towels, perfumes, lotions, and bathroom odds and ends



As ever, signing off as a satisfied customer!









No comments:

Post a Comment