Monday, May 6, 2013

Box of Blooms

Although I have lived in my apartment for 9 months now, I am still finding little projects to unpack, reorganize, and store for display. My recent inspiration came from a weekend reorganization mission. I uncovered a simple tin box in my storage trunk/coffee table. I love multipurpose items!!

It must have been gifted to me during my move. My dad would just throw things in there he thought i would like and turns out its perfect for the headbands I've been meaning to store as display. Why hide what's meant to be an ornament anyway!?!


The curved top prevents the flowers and feathers from getting squished and the dimensions allowed me to organize them in a way, which makes it look like a planter box. (Well maybe its a little overstuffed :) )


It is already on display in my bedroom. I'm not quite sure if this will be its permanent home but for now it works and is practical. I use this old medical stand as my everyday jewelry stand....projects to come are sitting on top (hint: more store to display made from a sewing bauble). Other items featured on the stand include:
      -an old metal "K" tucked in the basket below
      -vintage stand-up mirror (a $2 goodwill find)
      -my next project!!



I hope you enjoyed!! Come back soon!!



No comments:

Post a Comment